Niacinamide Serum is trending all over the world for its effects on skin. But, do you know what is Niacinamide and what it does to your skin? Most of the people are just getting influenced with the hype. They are using it without even knowing its actual use and benefits of Niacinamide. In this article, I will try to answer all of your questions about Niacinamide Serum.
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide, also known as nicotinamide, is one of the two forms of Vitamin B3 (Niacin and Niacinamide). It is one of the essential micro-nutrients. The deficiency of Niacinamide can lead to skin disorders and other conditions related to kidneys and brain.
Vitamin B3 is found as Niacinamide in both Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian food. Non-vegetarian sources include Yeast, fish, meat, eggs and Vegetarian sources include green vegetables, beans and cereal grains. If you are taking B-complex supplements, then they might also contain Niacinamide.
People are often confused whether they should take Niacinamide daily or not. The answer is that you should take Niacinamide daily. Niacinamide is a water soluble vitamin that your body doesn’t store. So you must take it daily to avoid its deficiency.
Health Benefits of using Niacinamide regularly
Niacinamide is beneficial not just for your skin, but it is effective in treating several other conditions and disorders. There have been several researches to prove the effectiveness of Niacinamide in treating several diseases as mentioned below.
- Acne and pimples: Niacinamide has been proved to improve the appearance of the skin in people suffering from Acne. The visible improvements were noticed in the people using Niacinamide based tablets and creams for a period of 8 weeks or more.
- Osteoarthritis: Niacinamide is known to improve joint flexibility that reduces join pain in conditions like Osteoarthritis. People with Osteoarthritis were reported to feel less pain after regular consumption of niacinamide.
- If you are using Niacinamide Serum or cream, it can increase the production of ceramides. Ceramides create a protective barrier on skin preventing it from wrinkles and fine lines. That’s the reason why niacinamide is being used in many cosmetic products as an Anti-aging ingredient.
- Diabetes: Niacinamide is known to protect insulin production and improves blood sugar control. It is found to be effective in people with Type-2 diabetes.
- In people with reduced kidney function, there are high levels of phosphate in the blood. Taking Niacinamide regularly can decrease the phosphate levels in the blood.
3 Best Niacinamide products in India
If you are looking to purchase some Niacinamide products, the the below list will help you. We have selected the best 3 products among all after doing an extensive research.
Dot & Key Niacinamide Serum
Dot & Key is one of the best cosmetic brands known for its effectiveness and quality. This Serum contains 10% Niacinamide and 1% zinc. Zinc is known correct the uneven skin-tone due to its anti-oxidant properties. The product also contains Vitamin E, B5 and Hyaluronic acid. This product is suitable for all skin types.
How to use this Serum
- Take 4 to 5 drops on your palm.
- Apply in dots all over the face and neck area.
- Gently pat in with your finger tips.
- For best results, use in the morning and evening, followed by a sunscreen.
Natures Way Niacinamide Capsules
If you are purchasing niacinamide to treat Acne, then this product is for you. It is made in USA and the brand is known for its quality. The recommended dose is 1 capsule daily. However, you must consult a physician if you have any existing medical conditions.
Mamaearth Skin Correct Face Serum
Mamaearth is one of the most famous brands among Indian mothers. This particular cream is perfect for those who are struggling with scars on their face. It improves skin texture and quality by reducing scars, acne marks and enlarged pores. It is made with natural ingredients and is suitable for all skin types.
Along with Niacinamide, it contains ginger extracts that stimulates melanin activity and evens out patchy skin. It also soothes irritated skin.
It also contains Zinc PCA that helps control acne and decreases sebum secretion on the skin.
Steps to apply this cream
- Use the pipette glass dropper to apply the serum directly on your face.
- Apply the dots all over the face and neck region.
- Gently massage your face until the serum is completely absorbed.
- During day time, apply a sunscreen after using this serum.
- Can be used twice a day.
Side effects of Niacinamide
Niacinamide is one of the essential micro-nutrients that our body needs daily. It doesn’t have any side effects. However, the tolerable upper limit of Vitamin B3 is 35 mg per day. You should keep this limit in your mind to avoid any side effects due to over-dosage.
There may be some side effects like stomach discomfort, nausea and headaches. So, it is advisable to go for a smaller quantity of a product initially. If your body doesn’t react to it much, you can go for it. If you notice any discomfort, please change the brand. If discomfort persists between multiple brands, then you must stop taking these supplements and consult a physician for an expert advice.